(both) We’re about to jingle rock
your face off. Let’s talk about that. ♪ (intro music) ♪ – Good Mythical Morning!
– This is a singing episode, so we’ve invited our friend,
the amazing vocalist Miranda. – Welcome.
– Thank you. Thanks for having me! – I’m so excited.
– Really. – Are you excited that it’s December?
– I’m so excited it’s December. – It’s my birth month.
– Oh really? – Yes.
– Happy birth month. – Thank you.
– That works out well. – I know.
– One of the things about December is that it is when many radio stations
across the country begin to play – Christmas songs exclusively.
– Mhmm. – Yes.
– And some people get really excited – about that. You get excited about that?
– I get very excited ’cause I know – all the words.
– Well, but the thing is, is we all know all the words, but a lot of people
get tired of the same old — – (both) tunes.
– And we are here to remedy that today — – They get kinda tired.
– — with something that we are calling – The Christmas Song Challenge!
– (sleigh bells) ♪ (jolly music) ♪ Okay this is how this is gonna work.
We have two Santa hats here, and we have filled up that Santa hat
with tired old Christmas songs, and in this hat, we have royalty-free
instrumental tracks — – Oh yeah.
– which will hipify and update our Christmas songs.
With no preparation, you’re gonna mash the two together,
and then you’re gonna go over there – to our performance area.
– Do we get the lyrics? We’ll have the lyrics in a cue card form
so that you can cheat. – Okay.
– But you gotta make up a whole new tune. – That’s the thing.
– I’m professional at this. – I’m gonna crunch it.
– (laughs) – I’m gonna crunch it.
– I’m looking forward to that. – Who do you want to go first, Miranda?
– Well I think it’s pretty obvious – who should go first.
– Okay. I think Rhett should go first
’cause he’s the tallest. – Oh. Thank you Miranda.
– So it just makes the most sense. Alright Rhett, let’s see.
Miranda, you hold that so — – Shake ’em up.
– Which hat is what? Pick your song first.
Tired old Christmas song, – what are you going to be reinventing?
– Deck the Halls. – Alright.
– Oh, a classic. And then, pick out
your royalty-free instrumental track, which of course they all have weird names.
What’s it called? – Never Over.
– Oh, that’s a good one. – Never Over.
– Okay! – Let’s see it.
– Never Over! – Good luck!
– (shoes squeak) – Bring it.
– ♪ (banjo picking bluegrass) ♪ ♪ Don’t know when to start.
Deck the halls with boughs of holly fa la la la la la la la laa
’tis the season to be jolly fa la la la la la la la la
don we now our gay apparel fa la la la la la la la laa
troll the anc — ♪ I’m kinda off on the thing.
♪ Fa la la la mm now pow ♪ (laughs)
♪ See the blazing yule before us fa la la la la la la la laa
strike the harp and join the chorus ♪ – (both) It’s pretty good.
– ♪ Fa la la la la la la laa ♪ – None of that!
– ♪ Follow me in merry measure! fa la la la la la la la
while I tell of yuletide treasure fa la la la la la la la LAAA! ♪ – Kinda repetitious.
– Yeah a little repetitious. ♪ La la, I ran out of words,
gonna fa la la la la ’til the end of this song,
gonna fa la la la la ’cause it’s Christmastime,
fa la la la la, (inaudible) ♪ – What?
– ♪ Fa la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la LAAAAAA!
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA ♪ – He’s taking it up there!
– ♪ LA LA LA LA IT’S CHRISTMASTIME! ♪ – (laughs and claps) Wow!
– That was incredible! So impressed. I have a tear in my eye,
and I think it’s out of pity. – I felt sorry for you.
– That was great. I was like, “Man, now I’m gonna
have to do that.” Or you can go next. I think I got a little bit off
at some point. I think I should have started
at a different point. – I think that no, that was great.
– I think it was really good. I really hit those “la la las”
really well though, didn’t I? – That was great. I loved it.
– ♪ Fa la la la la! ♪ – I can hear it on the radio now.
– (exhales) Alright, Miranda who do you
want to go next? – Oh, I should go next. Obviously.
– Yeah. We’ll go like this. – ‘Cause you’re next tallest.
– So which is the song? – Which is the other thing?
– That’s the tired old Christmas song, this is the hot new
royalty-free instrumental track. – (smacks paper)
– Here we goeoeoeoeo. – Jingle Bells! One of my faves.
– But you wanna update it. – Yeah, it’s horrible.
– Yeah, you’re right. It’s so bad. – So you need to update it.
– (laughs) Royalty-free instrumental, – dig one out.
– Okay. Victory! – (laughs) Oh!
– I predict that’s about to happen. – I’m about to have a victory! Watch out!
– Alright. ♪ (synthesized pop track) ♪ Alright alright alright.
Here we go everybody. Get ready for this one.
I’m about to blow your mind. ♪ ‘Cause I’m dashing through the snow
in a one-horse open sleigh, over the fields we go,
laughing all the way, hah hah hah bells on bobtail ring,
making spirits bright ♪ Oh dey bright!
♪ What fun it is to ride and sing a sleighing song tonight!
Oh tonight! Oh tonight! Yeah you heard me tonight! ♪
Jingle all the way! Oh what fun it is to ride
in a one-horse open sleigh. Hey what up?
Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh.
Yeah you heard me! Ride it! Yeah ride that sleigh!
Ride it all night and day and day! – Oh my gosh!
– (laughs) Ride that sleigh every way
all the way today! Oh hey! – Ride it and ride it.
– (Link) Ride it. We’re riding that sleigh every day
’cause we’re jingle bells and we’re jingling on our sleigh today
and what? – (laughs and claps)
– Wow. – Oh my goodness!
– I feel — That could be on the radio
and I’m not joking. – I know. I’m serious.
– How do I follow that? – (inaudible)
– I’m outta breath! – Alright Link.
– Well I need to shake it up. Alright, so I’m gonna pick
my tired Christmas song. – We Three Kings!
– (both) Oh. – It’s a good one.
– Okay. Alright – Alright see what you get.
– In the Pocket. – Ooh, In the Pocket!
– What could that be? – Is it about pool or something?
– I don’t know. – Alright.
– I think you need to stop talking – and start singing.
– Oh yeah. – (laughs)
– That’s what I think. Alright!
Something red on this mic… – a lot of red on this mic!
– Yeah I wonder where that came from. – (inaudible)
– Is it lipstick? Oh. – ♪ (80’s techno beat) ♪
– (Miranda) Ooh I love this jam! Oh okay.
(robot voice) – ♪ We three kings of Orient are ♪
– (laughs) ♪ bearing gifts; we’ve traversed afar,
field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star,
field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star,
oh star of wonder, star of night, star with royal
beau-beau-buh-bbbb beauty bright, – (laughs)
– Wow! ♪ Westward leading, still proceeding,
guide us to thy perfect light. ♪ – (cackling)
– ♪ Oh star of wonder, star of night, star with royal beauty bright,
westward leading, still proceeding, guide us to thy perfect light,
guide us to thy perfect liiiiight! Guide us to thy perfect LIIIGHT!
GUIDE US TO THY PERFECT LIIIIIIIGHT! ♪ – Do four!
– ♪ Guide us to thy perfect LIIIIIIIGHT! ♪ – (claps)
– Wow! – It had a definite 80’s kind of vibe.
– I’d say the first half of that was like, – nine out of ten.
– (both) Second half — – was meh, six out of ten. (laughs)
– Got a little tired. – I was like, “Wow, I’m still here.”
– I know, but then you crushed at the end – with that high note.
– Thanks for pushing me up! – I knew you had it in you.
– You’re like a voice coach. I am a voice coach, so…
That’s why I’m here. – I thought I was teaching…
– I did learn something. Do you have any tips for me
going into this next round? – Yeah, don’t be really bad.
– (laughs) Okay! – Alright. This is the song right?
– Um, yes. – Do You Hear What I Hear?
– Ooh. I don’t hear anything.
Oh that’s the name of the song. Could’a got a courtesy laugh for that one. – Heavy Metal Toy Version One?
– Ooh, the One! Oh man. – This is the first one — right right.
– Thank God it’s not Two! – Who knows where it goes?
– Heavy Metal. I know what that is, – but what’s Toy Version?
– (all) One. – I’m familiar with —
– ♪ (thrash metal) ♪ – (screaming)
♪ Said the night wind to the little lamb, do you see what I see?
Way up in the sky, little lamb, do you see what I see?
A star, a star, dancing in the night, with a tail as big as a kite!
With a tail as big as a kite! – Do you hear what I hear? ♪
– No. – ♪ DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR?
Do you? Do you? Do you? Do you hear what I hear?
(mumbles) Duh you huh wuh I hear? Do you hear what I hear?
Do you? Do you? Do you? Do you? Do you? Do you? DO YOU?
(mumbles) Huhwut I hur? Huhwuh I hear?
HUH WUT I HUR? ♪ (growls) – Wow.
– Oh, you’re gonna be hurting tomorrow. – I don’t know if I should clap or leave.
– (laughs) That scared me. – It was so aggressive!
– (Rhett sighs) – Are you alright man?
– I’m really lightheaded. – Oh my goodness!
– Oh, that was totally the toy version! – (laughs)
– (hoarse) I’ve already lost my voice! – I’d hate to hear the man version.
– Oh my goodness. – I hope I don’t get version two.
– I missed my calling. – I think so; that was really good.
– Don’t you think? – It surprised me.
– I literally felt fear — – I did too.
– That you were gonna hurt yourself — – Or me.
– In the middle of that. – Okay we gotta keep going!
– (both) Alright. – Miranda, your turn.
– Oh my gosh. Now I’m nervous! – Pick another tired Christmas song.
– The Christmas Song! – Oh!
– What the heck is that one? – Is that the — I don’t know which —
– That’s appropriate. – (both) Let’s find out.
– It’s so tired, you don’t even know it. – Royalty-free instrumental track.
– Ooh, The Islands Mon V3. – (laughs)
– The Islands Mon — – V3!
– (accent) The islands, mon! – Oh. (laughs)
– Ooh! I’m excited now! – She has great presentation.
– ♪ (upbeat reggae) ♪ Hey. How we doin everybody?
You ready for some Christmastime? I’m about to share the yuletide love
wit’chu all. Let’s go. ♪ Chestnuts roasting on an open fi-yah,
Jack Frost nipping at your nose ♪ – Who me?
– (laughs) ♪ Yes I’m talking to you,
little Jack Frost lady, – let’s see how it goes. Ay-ay! ♪
– (laughs) ♪ Yuletide carols being sung by a choi-yah
and folks dressed up like Eskimos ♪ We don’t got that here!
♪ And I’m so (inaudible) simple phrase to get from one to 92,
92! Not 93, but 92. ♪ Hey! ♪ Although it’s been said many times,
many ways, merry Christmas to you, merry Christmas to-ooh you!
And merry Christmas to me too, Ay hey, here we go, it’s repeating again,
So let’s say Merry Christmas to you. ♪ – (laughs)
– Hey hey! – (laughs and claps)
– (accent) Ay mon, that’s a fabulous – rendition, mon.
– This is all going on radio. – What did you think of yourself there?
– That was incredible. – (laughs)
– Are you serious asking me that? – I mean hello, did you see what I saw?
– Yeah. Well he heard what he heard. – You heard it.
– Did you hear what he heard? – Did you heard what he hear?
– Link, you still got your turn here, bud. – I know we got one more for ya.
– Alright. I’m batting Klingup here. – Klingup?
– Yep. (laughs) – “I’m battin’ Klingup.” Star Trek joke.
– (laughs). Alright. Little Drummer boy,
boy that’s a tired one. Ooh.That is a tired one.
I hate that song, no offense. What am I gonna do with this?
Come and Go. – Ahh.
– Come and Go! – Come and Go.
– Yeah, I get it. – Who knows what that could be?
– It could go anywhere. – Okay.
– When in doubt, use island hand. – Yes.
– One of these? – Yeah.
– There ya go! – ♪ (synthesized rap beat) ♪
– Yeah, yeah, bring it! Bring it! Yeah, yeah, we up in this internet.
Y’all know who we be! We be those guys
who do this show every day. Come they told me,
pa rum pum pum pum, pa rum pum pum pum, a newborn king to see,
pa rum pum pum pum, pa rum pum pum pum, our finest gift to bring,
pa rum pum pum pum, pa rum pum pum pum, what?
Pa rum pum pum pa rum pa pum pum, pum pum pum pum,
what? To lay before the king,
pa rum pum pum pum, times two! pa rum pum pum pum, pum pa rump pum
pa pa pum, – (laughs)
– pa ra pa pum pum pum y’all! Yeah! So to honor him,
pa rum pum pum pum, pa rum pum pum pum, when we come we come
pa rum pum pum pum, pa rum pum pum pum, – (laughs)
– Pa ra pum pum pum pum pum pum pum pum pum pum pum papa rum
pum pum pum pum, Papa Rum, that’s what they call me.
MC Pa Rumpa Pum, in the house, drop it. – (both) (clap) Wow!
– That is the only way I would ever – want to hear that song.
– MC Papa Rum Pum, (laughs) You’re gonna have to get that straight
if it’s gonna be your name. – Yeah that’s my artist name. MC Papa —
– We made history here today! – Rum Pum.
– Yeah we did! -That’s six new hits.
– MP3 free links in the description — – Aww yeah.
– and the songs that are linked – from the free links are also free.
– I think what he’s trying to say, is that you can download
all the songs we just created – (both) for free.
– Merry Christmas in your face! – (both) By going to the links
in the description. Thanks for liking, commenting,
and sharing this video with your friends! They gotta hear about these
new hot sizzling tracks! – You say, “You know what time it is.”
– You know what time it is! Hi, my name is Katjaa,
I’m from Saint Petersburg, Russia, and it’s time to spin
the Wheel of Mythicality! – ♪ (theme music) ♪
– If you enjoyed listening to Miranda singing, well you can get
a lot more of that on her YouTube channel, – MirandaSings! Check it out!
– And click through to Good Mythical More. We’re gonna perform another
amazing holiday song for you guys. – You wanna sing another one?
– Yes of course I wanna sing another one! – Yeah. You should.
– Can we sing with you? – Oh yes, please.
– A trio? – A trio! Yeah.
– Alright. Excessively polite boxers having a fight. Hey, welcome
to the three-way boxing match. – Yeah yeah —
– I’m so glad you guys could be here. I just wanna get to know you
a little better first. – Yeah please you should meet my parents.
– Well I think that’s cool! – It will be really fun.
– Oh yeah? What’s your parents’ names? – Hey can I get in on it? Excuse me.
– What do they do for a living? – Yes of course! Yes of course!
– Don’t leave me out of it. Oh is it alright if I give you
a little punch in the face? – Just a little one.
– Is that okay? – Ooh!
– Would you please give me – a punch in the face?
– Did that hurt? Is that okay? – Of course, I would love to.
– No, it felt nice. – Is that okay? Was that nice enough?
– Yeah that was great. – Please give me one more.
– So gentle. – And now I’m gonna give you one.
– Same time. – Oh me too. I’ll do myself.
– This one’s gonna be really small! – Really small okay. You ready?
– Alright, yeah. (punch) [Captioned by Annalyn:
GMM Captioning Team]